Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Living Cookbook 2008 and Windows 7

icon

I have Windows 7 and have noticed that the icon for Living Cookbook is broken. No biggie but was wondering if others have noticed that.

No. I haven't seen that on a Windows 7 PC. Are you referring to the desktop icon (i.e. shortcut) or the icon in the Start menu?

Lee

Both. It shows up broken on my docket, on the Programs menu after clicking on the Living Cookbook folder, and on the Start Menu where I have it "pinned". Weird no one else has this problem. I have the most recent Windows 7 version so far as I know.

Very strange. If you go to C:\Program Files\Radium Technologies\Living Cookbook 2008, does the LC.EXE file have a valid icon?

Lee

No it doesn't. Maybe Windows 7 got installed weird on my computer. I also have two Control Panel icons on my docket at the bottom and I can't get rid of one of them, keeps coming back like a fed cat! Doubt they are related but weird.

Unhappy LC2008 won't run after upgrading to Windows 7

I just upgraded from Vista SP2 to Windows 7. When I try to run LC, I get "A fatal system error has occurred: Exception of type Radium.Services.rfcException was thrown." in one message box. Another one "Could not create a SingleInstanceTracker object: Failed to instantiate a new SingleInstanceTracker object. See InnerException for more details. Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified. Application will now terminate."

It ran fine just before the update.

Thanks for your help,
    Marilyn Capello

Please see my response to your other forum thread. This isn't a Windows 7 compatibility issue. It is a defect that affected a few users (regardless of their operating system) and it was fixed a long time ago.

Lee

I am a Windows 7 user and a very recent purchaser of Living Cookbook. I have experienced no problems at all, and am very happy with the software. I do, however, have the following two comments about using the software:

1. When entering ingredients, once I have finished entering an ingredient and hit enter, the ingredient list moves to the next line, but the cursor is in the ingredient column. I am entering a large number of recipes for a family cookbook, and find this behavior very annoying. I have to either use the mouse to reposition under quantity, or else use the cursor control keys. It seems to me that the default should have the cursor in the quantify column for the next ingredient.

2. After entering a few dozen recipes, I decided to try a print preview of the cookbook, choosing the publish option. I tried both direct publishing and exporting to Microsoft Word. I was very disappointed to discover that most of the beautiful detail displayed on the screen disappeared when I tried to print. There were no images, and no nutrition facts. After rooting around in the tutorials and help for a while, I discovered how to "turn on" these fields for printing, and everything is fine now. It seems to me, however, that the software should be delivered with the options to print all fields turned on, and with instructions to turn some off if not desired.

All in all, I am finding this software very well designed and full featured. It is just what I was looking for, and at a very reasonable price.

Hello,

I'm glad you like Living Cookbook, and thanks for the constructive criticism! I'll add both of these to the spreadsheet I maintain of user suggestions to be considered for the next revision, and discuss them with the developer.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Geoff

Windows & and Living Cookbook 2008

I installed an upgrade Windows 7 Ultimate on top of Vista Ultimate and Living Cookbook 2008 runs without a hitch.

Jz

Woohoo!

Lee

Please help!!

I sent in a support ticket a couple of days ago - but haven't received a response yet. I downloaded the trial version - I'm running windows 7 - and it worked just fine. I entered in 148 recipes and decided to order the software. I have recieved the software - but it won't download for some reason and my trial has expired! I think there may be something wrong with the CD. Is there any way that you could just send me the download so that I can see if that works??

I'm feeling desperate! Thanks!
    Last edited by cjones@drury.ed; 11-12-2009 at 08:32 AM.

Thumbs up WIn7 beta to Win7 Ultimate - LC rocks!

Upgraded from Win7 Build 7100 to full version 7 Ultimate. LC with 36,881 recipes in 25 cookbooks working great. Still easy as ever (only faster) find any recipe to fit the bill for any dinner. LC has always been the best value, easiest to use cookbook manager that is on the market today.

Courtney - Santa Clara
    Courage is simply the willingness to be afraid and act anyway...

LC 2008 Printing issue on Win 7

Although I can print on the default printer, I get an error message when I try to go to my PDF driver, everything else I have will let me direct to the listed printers without issues. I use PDF printing to store data files readable in Adobe Reader. My problem now is that I have to use my printer to print out the receipe and then scan it into a pdf file.
    Any suggestions on how I might accomplish this?

Question PDF Printing...

I am not on my home computer at the moment. I do have one immediate question: What do you have for a PDF printer? (Did it come from Acrobat (not Reader)? Did you download or purchase a 3rd party PDF printer?) This will help me dig into your issue when I get home this evening.

Thanks - Courtney
    Courage is simply the willingness to be afraid and act anyway...