Thread: Error: Unrecognized Database Format

Error: Unrecognized Database Format

After a harddrive crash, I installed Living Cookbook to the new drive and everything works great with the stock database. Since we did not have a .lcb backup I installed a copy of our database to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Radium Technologies\Living Cookbook\2.0\Database and now receive an "Unrecognized database format". More error details are in the attached image.

Is my database corrupted/damaged or am I doing something incorrect? Running LC version 2.0.72 on XP Pro SP3.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi there,

It sounds like you flew it in to the right place, would you mind uploading the file so that we can take a look here? Let me know the name of the file once you have done so.

Thanks,

Geoff

Upload successful

Thank you for taking the time to look at it. The file was uploaded as Rdy2Cook_lc20.zip.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

I took a look at your database file. It is very badly damaged and I was not able to recover your recipes. This kind of damage can occur when a hard drive crashes (or you turn off your computer) while data is being written to a database. It can leave the database in a corrupted (and occasionally unrecoverable) state.

Do you have any other copies of your database that might not have been damaged? Living Cookbook prompts you to backup your database every 5 times you run the software (unless you changed the settings). Do you have any of those backup files?

Lee

Hi Lee,

Thank you for taking the time to help. My girlfriend does not recall the prompt to backup. She did several marathon sessions entering recipes, so I suppose it is possible that she did not go in 5 times.

I will look through the data I received from the recovery service for a backup file with my fingers crossed.

Thanks again for all your help,

Mike

You're very welcome. Best of luck.

Lee