Thread: Scanning paperback/magazine recipes- pen or bed scanner?

Scanning paperback/magazine recipes- pen or bed scanner?

Sorry to repeat topics. I saw an old posting on using a pen scanner, but nothing posted in the last year. I realize I need the proper software for my scanner, but which method of scanning is most efficient with LC 2011 and current scanners? I am trying to input recipes that I use from my current printed books and magazine clippings. Thank you for your time and help!

Past Thread on Pen Scanning

Perhaps you've seen this thread:

http://www.radiumforums.com/showthre...47-pen-scanner

Cubangirl suggests that a lot of stuff you find in printed magazines is also online and that it actually might be easier to go online to capture the recipe.
    -Jim-

Use every part of the buffalo - Brad Bird

Thank you, Jim!

Your referral is more recent than what I was able to find. It looks like this will work given enough time and motivation. Unfortunately, most of the GREAT recipes available in my interest are only available in cookbooks, but this is still a good option.

Thanks for your time!!

Reggie

Thanks! I looked up Pen scanner on you-tube and watched the capture tutorial. It was very helpful. It looks like the pen saves a step in processing the printed recipes. The bed scanner is more clunky to use and then the capture AND link process have to done. I can also scan it into recipe fox using the pen, is easier for me in my infancy. Thanks again